I use a VPS on Digital Ocean to host this and other sites. I've been quite happy with the price and performance, so I thought I'd put up a referral link to see if I could cover a few costs.
When you sign up using my referral link, I receive a commission. There's no cost to you.
Here's the details:
- Link added in an article: November 2013.
- Sidebar link added: August 2014.
Performance to date
- Clicks: 195
- Referrals: 20
- Credits Pending: $310
- Credits Received: $175
tl;dr - Lots of people clicking, but not many buying.
About the commissions
- You don't pay any extra.
- I only receive the pending credits if you spend $25
- $25 is 5 months for the smallest server ($5/mo), although I recommend the $10 server as a minimum.
- As far as I can tell, the credits can only be applied to hosting. I don't see a way to get cash.
- The pending credits have been piling up, but I haven't actually received much of that.
To date (June 2020), I have made $175 that was applied directly to hosting. I'm currently on the $10/month VPS. Not exactly covering costs, but I'm happy with the result so far.